At the airport waiting for our flight...
31st December (Wednesday)
Reached Kuala Lumpur at 2120hrs… Took the airport taxi to “Berjaya Times Square”(BTS)… Reached BTS at 2210hrs… There were roads closures in most areas in ‘Bukit Bintang” but luckily BTS areas was not affected… Couldn’t start our shopping spree cos’ BTS shopping centre and their surrounding were closed too… So many people around… I was told that there will be New Year count down and that’s the reasons for the road closure… It is just similar to the road closure in Singapore Orchard Road loh…
Reached Kuala Lumpur at 2120hrs… Took the airport taxi to “Berjaya Times Square”(BTS)… Reached BTS at 2210hrs… There were roads closures in most areas in ‘Bukit Bintang” but luckily BTS areas was not affected… Couldn’t start our shopping spree cos’ BTS shopping centre and their surrounding were closed too… So many people around… I was told that there will be New Year count down and that’s the reasons for the road closure… It is just similar to the road closure in Singapore Orchard Road loh…
Arriving at KLIA...
At midnight, there were fireworks… The view from my BTS suite was fabulous… I could capture the fireworks on my camera… wohooo…nice nice… No wonder I was told that the hotel was full house… The crowd along the road looks happening from where I was (my room)… but I decided not to join them as I prefer to preserve the energy for the next day shopping… haha…;)
1st January (Thursday)
Happy New Year All… Sorry if I never reply your messages… SMS overseas quite costly hor… hehe… Did some shopping at “Sungei Wang”… Didn’t buy much thing… Just some t-shirts…
The steps near to Berjaya Times pool
As Aunty Susan had not been to the KL Petronas Twin Tower, we decided to head there… Took the LRT from “Bukit Bintang” to “Bukit Nanas” which cost us only MYR$1.20 each… Walk about 10 mins to reach T.T… The weather was not so bad… but when we reached T.T., the sun was up liau… Difficult to capture the tall tower with the glaring sun in between… Didn’t stay long there and decided to take taxi back to our hotel…
KL Petronas twin Tower...
First taxi we asked wanted us to pay MYR$10 and did not want to use the taxi meter so we decided not to take it… We waited for the next taxi… I was told that KL taxi’s usually charge exorbitant rates to tourists especially those stationery ones… so better waive down those moving taxis or those using meter… managed to get a taxi soon after… The journey to our hotel only costs us MYR $3… Yeah, save $$$… hehe
After checking out BTS, we booked a cab to “Genting Highland” from the taxi booth in BTS… It cost us MYR$80… We left BTS at 1735hrs and reached Genting at 1910hrs… Booking First World hotel room thru Genting World Card does have advantages, especially when you book their club rooms… Managed to jump queue… They directed me to the special counter for “World Card” members… Yay!!!...
My First World Club room
The First World Hotel club room was better than I expected… Very nice… The newly renovated Tower 2 rooms is spacious, clean and has a bath tub… wohooo… and guess what… The bath tub was next to the glass window just like “Singapore Ritz Carlton” … The view is magnificent… Imagine lying on a bath tub and enjoying the view and some passing clouds… nice hor… haha…
Bath-tub with view
The view from my room
Went into the casino to try our lucks… I was on a winning side when I first sat down… If I left soon after, I would have won more than MYR$600… but thinking that I was barely there for 15mins, I continued playing… Then started losing, losing and losing… Always the case right?… End up losing a total of MYR$250… Not so bad though…
2nd January 09 (Friday)
Still in Genting… I am a good boy today… Didn’t want to enter the Casino… haha… As Aunty Susan continues her “trying lucks” sessions, I prefer enjoying myself in the hotel room… Yeah… managed to use the bath tub… haha… Favorites past time overseas… haha…
I think I slept most of this afternoon… “Nuahing” is the best thing bahhh… haha…
Woke up and went to watch movie with Ian at the cinema in Genting… Watched “The Spirit”… Quite a “stupid” show… We stayed through out though… I could hear someone actually snoring in the theatre… haha…
3rd January 09 (Saturday)
Woke up to have breakfast at the “World Club Café” on the 28th floor of First World… Again, better than I expected… nice…
Went to take some booth photographs with Ian… Those they used to called “Neon-print” loh… Cost us MYR$30 for each pictures… We took 3 sets… nice nice… The photos do make me look younger… That’s why 3 mahhh… haha…
Neon ME...
Checked out First World Hotel and took a coach down to “Titiwangsa” Bus terminal… Cost us MYR$6.20 each…
At Titiwangsa we wanted to take a taxi down to Sunway and asked the stationary taxi driver whether he could do the job… He quoted us MYR$45… Kanasai!!!... We went to the main road to hail a taxi… Soon after we got one… It only cost us about MYR$10 lei… Lucky we never take the first taxi… else kena “slaughtered” liau…
Picture with Ian & Kathy-the Host...
Met Kathy at Sunway and we head down “Ajisen Ramen”… It’s a nice cosy Japanese Restaurant in Sunway Pyramid… The foods were seriously yummylicious… Better than in Singapore lei… very nice…
The Sahshimi set...love it...yum yum...;)
After lunch, we went shopping in Sunway shopping centre… Ian commented that the car park is very cheap (MYR$1 for the first 4 hours)… I think so too… Not until we exited, we were lost… Can’t remember where we parked the car… At last the car park fees cost us MYR$4… still cheap loh… Kathy commented that it was her first time “kena” that amount… Imagine we shop from bright to dark… haha…
I bought a new luggage at Sunway… “Piere Cardin” after 50% which cost me only MYR$195… and a new TIMEX digital Heart Rate monitor watch which cost me only MYR$390 (actual price is MYR$479)… Hapiie Yippie...
We then went to Kathy house to place our luggage… Old and new… haha…
Simply "PEDAS"!!!...
Ian enjoying the HOT foods...;)
After resting, Kathy brought us to Chinatown KL to try the “very Lah-HOT” foods… The place is in the very crowded Chinatown… The foods were very HOT but very nice… Loves the “Sambal” Curry Chickens, Lala and Sambal Sting Ray… Another eating place to look out for in KL hor…
Rested the night at Kathy home…
Roy with cute Marcus...
4th January 09 (Sunday)
Woke up at 0800hrs… Rested and play with Kathy’s boys, Marcus and Jonathan… The boys 6 and 8 years old are very smart… Not only they speak good proper English, they spoke very “politically” too… I remember Marcus, the older ones, told me… “Uncle, why stay only one night at our house?... and would you leave your camera behind for us to play when you leave?”… Walau!!!… so he is eyeing on my camera lah… Urghhh… Anyway, they are too cute to get angry with… haha… Your typical “little monsters” bahhh….
Last minute shopping at Mid Valley was nice… Visited a very big pets shop there which sells many exotics animals’ likes’ scorpions, hedgehog, colorful parrots, marine fishes, etc… Ian wants to buy a hedgehog but was wary of the clearance procedure… So we didn’t get any…
Feeding my feet to the fishes at Kenko MidValley...
We bought many clothing… Very good Sales… Up to 70-80% discounts lei…
Rushed back to pack our luggage and to KLIA… It was so nice of Kathy to drive us all the way to the airport… Quite “paisey” actually… In our rush, we wrongly packed 5 pieces of Kathy’s new clothing into our luggage… haha… Poor Kathy couldn’t find it when she reached home… haha… Will mail it to her soon bah… hehe
Back in Singapore at 2130hrs…




No comments:
Post a Comment