June 18, 2009

Adidas Sundown Run 2009

Date : 30th May 2009
Venue : Changi Point
Event : Team 10km x 4 runners (HL, Dean, Lyn & me)



Took part in the team event for the Sundown marathon this year... Was tempted to try the 42.195km but since some of my friend chio' me to form a team, I agreed...

Our Team event flag off at 8p.m... I met HL at Changi CSC at 6:30pm and we went for dinner... Since I left my wallet in Mr Potato, HL agreed to pay for my dinner first... Only later I realised that he got something up his sleeve... He was so happy when I asked him to help me buy my dinner... Know why?...

I ordered Fish Fillet and he returned with Sea food Platter (Fish Fillet with other sea foods on the plate)... He was smiling very broadly... Walau... It is always our idea to make each other fatter than another... and with this, he achieved that big time lor... Urghhh... Anyway, I couldn't finish the whole plate lah...

Dean joined us soon after... Lyn was late... We called her numerous times but even though she answered our calls few hours before the race, she was still late... Stuck in the toilet bowl bahhh... hehe...



The race started off pretty good for HL, Dean and me... We managed to squeez to somewhere in front, near the starting point despite being there at the very last minutes... haha... I reckoned that it is always good to start somewhere in front as you won't be block by others that much...

I had a good start... Running together with the front runners... They are really good... Don't seem to slow down at all... I decided to slow my pace after the 3km... I miss the 2km plus water point... HL and Dean said that there were 2 water points altogether but I only saw one at the 5km plus... For someone who needs water to keep me running, I almost died of thirst... hehe

On my mind, I keep thinking of stopping at the next water point after my 6km... I didn't see any... When I reached the 8km mark, I realised that there will be no other water point and there were sooo many people along Changi beach and at the sidewalks that it was a little embarrassing if I stop and walk... I decided to continue running...

Pick up my pace at the last km... In fact I "cheong" my way to the finishing point, passing few participants on my way... wohoo... Such great feeling after I dashed through the finishing point...
I completed the race in 53:16:41 minutes for the 10.4km... Not so bad bahhh...


So proud for Michelle & Christian for completing their 42.195km
and Ridzwan & Vincent for completing their 84.39km...
They are GREAT runners... wohoo...;)

No comments: