March 2, 2009

Newton Active Run 09

It was running a slight fever on Saturday so I cannot decide whether to take part in the Newton Active Run which I registered earlier... I went to sleep around 2plus a.m... setting my alarm clock to 6a.m... in case I changed my mind...



At 6a.m. the alarm rang... I woke up and shut it off and went back to sleep... Half heartedly I still could not decide... At 6:30a.m. I received sms from Vincent, telling me that he is on his way for the run... In a split seconds, I rushed to the bathroom, showered, got ready my running gears, grab my running numbers tag and rushed out of the house...



I droved about 120km/h to Sengkang, not really sure where the exact location for the run... Managed to get the right turn, where I saw many people in running gears moving towards the open field near Sengkang Stadium... Parked Mr Potato near the multi-story car park nearby and rushed to the location...

I reached the starting point at 7:28a.m... just two minutes before the flag off time... Managed to squeezed somewhere in front the line... Got a very good start... I keep to the pace of the front runner group... Trying my best not to be over-taken much... Realised that no one from this group stop for even a while... I started to slow down after the 5km marks, grabbing the mineral bottled water from the volunteer... Realised that it is quite troublesome to uncap the bottled while running and feeling shag... I then stopped, opened the unbranded bottle and drank a few sips... Hei!!!, no 100plus too lei this run... (BUDGET hor!!!)... Even the goodies bag isn't much better... One event t-shirt, a certificate, one note-pad and two spa discounts vouchers... cehhh...



I didn't walked much and started running slowly instead... Somewhere about the 300m before the finishing line, I walked... Then there was this runner who pass by me said..."Hei!!!, don't stop... finishing liau..."... I laughed then continued... Dashed through the finishing line and noticed the digital clock showing 50:00 minutes... wOhoooo... broke my personal best timing of 54minutes lei...



I'm quite happy and satisfied with the result... Told Vincent that I will trained hard for the next 5 years that when i turned BIG 40, I will win some awards for the "Veteren" runner category bahhh... hohoho...

Saw Eunice and Kelvin after their run... Talked with them while waiting for the lucky draw results... Aiyahhh, never got lucky lei on this type of draw... haha... One of my gym steps member Elaine won the top 9 for the Open Female 10km category... Wow... congrates lei... Her husband who is also my steps friend, told me that his wife is sports crazy... Always doing sports like running, steps, gymming whenever she can... hehehe...

No comments: