Venue : Temasek Polytechnic & Bedok Reservoir
Took part in the 10km run organised by Civil Service Club... Application was sent in last minute and when the day arrived, I could not decide whether to run or not... Barely an hour to make the final decision, I grabbed my bags and off I went to Temasek Poly on my own... At 4:30pm, I took bus 5, alighted at Bedok Reservoir and cab down to Temasek Poly...
I thought I was late... The run flag off time was 5:30pm... By the time I reached at 5pm, I could not locate anyone from Customs... MOF attendance was pathetic compared to other ministries... We were the smallest group there... sad sad...

Soon I saw William from another branch... Friends from Customs that took part were Angie, Terence, Akhbar, Pei Chween, Jiang Ho... Heard that Alvin and Victor were there too but I did not see them... Vincent "fly kites" at the very last minute... Smack him... urghhh...
The run was not so nice... Pebbles and rough surface every where at the Bedok Reservoir... The terrain which I don't really enjoy running... The 10km route covered two rounds Bedok Reservoir and some part of Temasek Poly... At the second round, my hp battery went totally flat... No music... I hate hearing my own heavy breathing... It distracted my run... I preserved and walked a bit at each water points... The run without any doubt was dominated by the 'Gurkhas' team... They won many top spot lor...
At the end of the run, my butt, body and of course both legs were aching like mad... Need few days to recover lor...
Anyway I'm still happy that I managed to complete it below one hour...




No comments:
Post a Comment