May 11, 2009

My first Tokyo trip



20-26th April 2009 - Japan Tokyo Trip

Went to Japan, Tokyo with Ian... It was first trip to the land of the rising sun... The weather was cold about 10-15 degrees... It had just past autumn and into summer... We missed the "cherry blossoms"...

Going with a travel agent companion is just sooo good... I don't have to plan anything... While Ian was busy planning the routes and interesting programs, there I was busy looking for goodies to eat and photo's taking... I even got to sleep earlier than him while he was busy preparing the next day itineraries... haha... Poor him... That's what frens are for mah... hmmm...

Visited quite a lot of interesting places these 6 days... We stayed at a Japanese ryokan ("antique house") in Asakusa area... This guest house is decently equipped... and most important of all, it's situated very conveniently near the rail station... The host was quite a warm nice young guy in his thirties... Overall, quite a good stay...



Visited the Tokyo Disneyland... It was not as huge as I imagined... Lucky we were there on weekdays... We don't have to queue much for rides... I did enjoy myself there, taking many photographs with Disney characters... They are just sooo cute... The rides though weren't that exciting... Did the roller coaster ride which wasn't too scary as I imagined...

There is this one "rowing the boat" ride... Look quite fun... I persuaded Ian to try... Bad moves... Quite tiring... Imagine "dragon boat"... Half way thru, my hands were already aching... haha

Spent half the day there... ending with the passing parade of mascots with fire works... interesting...


Shopping wise, we went from shinjuku to sub-urban areas... There were sooo many interesting things to see and buy... I bought one very beautiful "Uchikake" (Japanese wedding kimono) and some antique vintage kimono for my personal collection... Ian bought so many things that we decided to ship some back by post... I think he sent back goodies weighting more than 20kilos... haha...

The tiring trips walking from morning to late night, exchanging between rail lines, eating bento sets, taking dozens and dozens of photographs and visiting the outskirts of Tokyo simply leave so much happy memories... I wish one day I will be back there again... I love Tokyo...

No comments: